UMC-038 HYPER SCRAMBLER
2015 Ducati Scrambler
A nimble, razor-thin 803cc motorcycle that is 20% lighter than its nearest competitor and weighs one pound less than a 300cc Vespa. The Hyper Scrambler’s minimal 325lbs, combined with the 83hp fuel-injected motor, delivers a power-to-weight ratio in excess of most superbikes. Functional as it is radical, the Hyper Scrambler is engineered to be ridden daily with DOT-compliant lights, blinkers, mirrors and horn discretely integrated into the design.
Watch the Hyper Scrambler on CNBC’s Jay Leno’s Garage:
Length: 82″ / 208cm
Width: 30″ / 76cm
Height: 42″ / 107cm
Seat: 31″ / 79cm
Weight: 325lbs / 147kg dry
Fuel: 3.4 gallons / 13 litres
Frame & Suspension
• Original frame, de-tabbed, original shock mount removed.
• Ducati Monster S2R swingarm, Ohlins monoshock.
• Custom UMC rear subframe with welded-in LED channels.
• Ducati ‘Rosso Corsa’ neon orange race paint (other colours available on request).
• Original 18″ front wheel replaced with Ducati Monster M796 17″ front wheel.
• Original 17″ rear wheel replaced with Ducati Monster 1100 17″ rear wheel.
• Continental RaceAttack Rain tyres (120/70-17 front, 180/55-17 rear).
• EBC wave brake discs, customised by UMC.
• Showa big piston forks, stripped and custom-anodised to match the frame.
• OEM foot pegs and levers, customised by UMC.
• Custom fork guards, designed and fabricated in-house by UMC.
• Rear LED strips, integrated into the rear hoop, act as both brake lights and turn signals.
• Simplified wiring loom with Motogadget M-Unit control module.
• LED headlight, modified and machined in-house, mounted to a custom bracket welded to the headstock.
• Antigravity XPS SC-1 lithium battery installed under UMC custom seat.
• Original ignition retained and relocated to right hand side of frame, under UMC custom petrol tank.
• Motogadget motoscope mini speedometer and instrument lights, integrated into modified top fork bracket.
• Brembo brake master cylinder with 2-into-2 braided stainless steel lines.
• Brembo clutch master cylinder with braided stainless steel line.
• Custom throttle with braided stainless steel cable.
• Custom levers, with integrated LED turn signals.
• Renthal lo-rise handlebar with custom switchgear.
• 803cc air-cooled L-twin
• Reflashed and programmed ECU.
• Bing single throttle body with integrated air temperature sensor and Uni snowmobile air filter.
• Clear high-pressure braided fuel line.
• Billet oil filler cap and custom front sprocket cover.
• Hydraulic clutch conversion, Ducati clutch slave with braided stainless steel line.
• Clutch case with polycarbonate observation window, UMC-customised clutch plates.
• Rear sprocket changed to 41-tooth to manage acceleration and improve top speed.
• QD Ex-Box exhaust and headers, modified by UMC.
• Custom-fabricated 2.6 gallon / 10 litre steel petrol tank with integrated OEM fuel pump (approximate range 95 miles, 115 miles on reserve*).
• Custom aluminium headlight housing, brushed and polished in-house, 1300 lumen LED headlight.
• Custom aluminum belly pan with mesh front panel and exhaust header cutout.
• Custom seat upholstered in motocross grip vinyl.
* if ridden responsibly, hahaha